26 February 2010

Weekly Update

What a great week! God has blessed in so many ways. First, I had 2 meetings this past week: one at Ridgeway Baptist Church in Commerce, GA, and also a mission conference at Rest Haven Baptist Church in Buford, GA. The mission conference theme was “Investing in Eternity.” This conference really challenged me about my own giving to missions. I give, but I need to be more in prayer about what God would have me to give by faith and not what I necessarily think I can afford. Each and every dollar I invest here on earth will someday pass away, but those I invest in missions will last through eternity. I am so thankful that I have something greater than this world to invest in.

In January, I was able to drop into Murrayville Baptist Church in Murrayville, GA. The pastor allowed me to give a quick testimony during the service. Afterwards, a lady came to me and asked if I could speak to their ladies meeting this month. Wow! I was so excited.  I have been asked to teach Sunday School before, but never asked to speak at a ladies meeting. Well, last night was the night of the ladies meeting. I was so nervous, I flew through the lesson – it went much faster than I anticipated. I guess it is always better to be a little shorter than a little longer. Afterwards they even gave me a love offering! I did not expect that at all, and I am very thankful. God provided what I needed. It is so easy for me to begin to worry about money, but each and every time God provides. I have nothing to worry about.

Prayer Requests:
  • Scheduling meetings
  • Safety when traveling
  • Muslim Majority Country of the week: Bangladesh Population: 156 million Religion: 83% Muslim

No comments: