19 February 2010

Weekly Update

God is so good! I stand amazed just to think of all He does for me. Dying for me was more than enough, yet in addition He chooses to bless me in so many ways. I dropped into a church in Fayetteville, GA last week. After the service, he came to me and asked if I had an opening in March. He said if I did I could join them for their mission conference. Praise the Lord – I did have an opening. I am really excited to have the opportunity to go back and be a small part of the “From the Cross, Through the Church, To the World” conference at Kenwood First Baptist Church.

This week I had my first car almost break down scenario. Yes – almost. I had a meeting a couple hours away on Sunday night, so my mom and I dropped into a church on the way. We park and wait for people to arrive to go inside. About 5 minutes til Sunday School was to begin, no one was there. We thought they might have cancelled church altogether, so perhaps we should get to another church in the area (and quickly). My car wouldn’t start. We called our roadside assistance and were waiting when someone drove up. He let us know that they were having church, but had cancelled Sunday school just to make sure any ice left on the roads would have melted. We told him our car trouble and we thought we would try to crank it up to let him hear what was going on to confirm our suspisions. The car started! That afternoon we were able to switch cars with my dad just to make sure we could make it to my meeting that night. Plus, my dad was able to fix the starter for a grand total of…$1. He works at a starter/alternator rebuilder shop. Praise the Lord! So many things could have gone wrong in that situation, but God has truly blessed!

For those who have been reading this, last time I wrote about being in Ohio for a month in October. God has allowed me to book at least one meeting per week while I’m there. I am really excited about how God has blessed and things are progressing. Thank you so for all of your prayers! 

Prayer Requests:
  • The Tolson Family - click here to read about the baby and how you can pray better for them
  • Scheduling meetings
  • Muslim Majority Country of the week: Pakistan
    • Population: 173 Million
    • 97% Islam

No comments: