I finally purchased my couch, a love seat, a bed, 2 nightstands, (fridge already purchased before I arrived thanks to my amazing team members), microwave, and oven. Everything I need to survive, I now have. Then it turned cold. Yes, cold. I had no blankets. So, I went to the store and scoffed at the prices, but bought a blanket. (just to be fair, I probably would have scoffed at the prices in the States, too - that’s just how I am).
- I was going to set a drink on my nightstand when I realized I did not have coasters.
- I was going to cut up my already cooked chicken when I realized I only have cooking knives - not any steak knives to set at the table (and I still have not purchased any lol).
- I spilled something, i know - not surprising, and realized I did not have a bucket of old towels. At home, we always kept a container of old towels for cleaning up spills or other dirty jobs. I didn’t want to use brand new ones!
- I wanted some pretty flowers for my house and realized I have nothing to put them in - no vase or glass glasses.
- The power went out and I only had one candle and 2 small flashlights: No lantern or lamp (our power is very good here - it was due to a breaker wearing out and had to be replaced)
This whole scenario reminds me that this is my temporary home. I will be spending eternity in Heaven, and living in this world just a small amount of time. I want to have what I need to be settled here in a new place, but that is not the major emphasis of my life. If I can remember to keep my eyes on Christ, everything else will fall into place.