12 February 2010

Resting in God's Provision

I have the privilege of being in a very close friend’s wedding in October.  Since I will already be in Ohio for the wedding, I have been praying about the possibility of getting meetings there for at least a couple of weeks, if not for the month. So far, I have been able to send out a lot of information to pastors about what I will be doing in North Africa, but have not scheduled many meetings.  Another thing I have been praying about is scheduling meetings on Wednesday nights. The most common meeting I schedule is for the Sunday Night service, but I have been praying to get some Wednesday night meetings. Praise the Lord! This week He gave me a meeting on a Wednesday night in Ohio!  What an answer to prayer!

Not only is this an answer to prayer, but it ties directly in with what I have been reading for my devotions. Right now I am reading in Exodus. The children of Israel have just come through an amazing set of miracles: the plagues, being set free, walking on dry (not muddy) ground through the Red Sea, and watching the Egyptian army crushed beneath the waters where they had just walked. Not a week goes by before they are murmuring that they should have stayed in bondage in Egypt, because they would have water and food there. God provided manna each morning. They were allowed to gather enough for that day, but no more (except the day before the Sabbath). They had to trust Him each and every day for their food. No pantry with food in it for them; just that day’s provision.

The Lord used this story to remind me of where my provision comes from. It does not come from me, other people, or churches. He is the one Who provides. I must trust Him for my EVERY need, and I must trust Him daily. He promised that He would meet our needs, and I must rest in His promise.

Prayer Requests:
  • Schedule a full month in Ohio
  • Lord to continue to use me while on deputation to bring Him glory
  • Muslim Majority country of the week: Indonesia. Population: 240 million, 86.1% Muslim                    click here for more information on Indonesia


No comments: