19 June 2008

Language School - Welcome to Arabic!


Language School. I don’t know what I expected. Maybe I expected it to be similar to my high school French classes. Just to give you an indication of what it’s like to take Arabic, here’s a picture of what my teacher wrote on the board.

I look at it, look at him, and just stare. So then he’ll point to it and say it and I just memorize where it’s at on the board so I can say it again. Well…I guess that’s not really what we’re supposed to do, lol.

The thing is, if we want to be able to speak to people and tell them the gospel, we must learn the language. We will not learn it in 6 weeks, but it shows the people here we are interested in them and their culture and opens doors. Pray for me as I try to learn the language to try to be a witness.

1 comment:

P said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.