17 June 2008

Breaking the Law! (Sunday)

Today I broke the law. I attended a Christian Church Service. Wow - my first illegal church service I've ever been to. There were only 3 who were not from our group at the service. One man is still a Muslim - pray for him. He is searching. The preacher preached in Arabic, so we only understood one word. (The word is the Arabic word for Thank you) I think it's the least I've ever gotten out of a church service before! It was still very interesting. We still sung songs (well...they did ask us to sing one in English for them) and there was preaching. No piano, no choir, no offering (I know - can this REALLY be a Baptist church??? LOL) but it was a church.

That night we had a time of testimony and prayer. We heard the testimonies of 2 believers who live in the city. One of our leaders said that many people who become Christians here have dreams. I was a little unsure of what he meant, but in the testimonies they mentioned dreams. In one person's dream, he saw first (in Arabic) the New Testament. He had the dream again, but this time it was written in English. So He looked up that word and found it was the Bible - God's Word. He began to search. So, what started his search was these dreams. I stand amazed at how God can work in places we think are "closed." God made the earth and is the King of it. No place is closed to Him - PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: