26 June 2008

Closed Doors


The place I am at is very steeped in Islam. They have many arguments about why Christianity is wrong. I guess it's not that different from many people in the States honestly. But the second they find that you're a Christian, or you start talking about Christ, a wall goes up. God can break down the walls though! On Tuesday we were out meeting people and we met a teacher who spoke very good English. We talked to her for about 45 minutes. (When I say we I'm talking about my team of girls) We were able to give her our testimonies!! What a great opportunity that God gave to us! One thing we try to emphasize is the fact that I was not born a Christian - I had to make that decision. She asked how I could decide at such a young age. I told her even though I was so young, I knew I had sinned and needed forgiveness. We also told her we serve God because of what He did for us, not in order to go to Heaven. PRAY God will plant a seed in her heart about what we spoke of. God has given us so many opportunities - PRAISE the LORD! Pray that He will continue to lead us across the paths of those who might have an open heart, an open door for the Gospel.

No comments: