12 March 2010

Weekly Update

For the Lord is good and His mercy endureth forever. I am so thankful I get to serve Christ. This week has been a very busy week, but also such a blessed week.

Bro. Larry Brown from Washington, IA preached Monday and Tuesday nights at my home church. Each and every time he comes I am convicted with truths he brings from God’s Word. Wednesday was a very exciting day. I was able to book 4 meetings! So far, this is the most meetings I have booked in a single day. 3 of those meetings are for next year, and one for this November. I am so excited to begin to see next year’s calendar start to fill. Wednesday night began the Missions Revival at New Life Baptist Church in Dalton, GA. What an incredible blessing this church has been to me this week! Today, I went shopping with a couple of the ladies from the church. It was great just to spend time with the ladies and other missionary wives. The services each night have touched my heart in a different way. I am constantly amazed at how God pricks every person’s heart with something different, even though we all heard the same message.

Things are really taking shape for my trip up to Ohio in October. This past week, a pastor called to ask me to be a part of their mission conference. I was a little worried that it would be the same dates as another mission conference I had already scheduled, or perhaps it could be a couple weeks after we were going to leave. Praise the Lord it will cover some open dates in the middle that I needed to fill!

Prayer Requests:
  • Christian "Volunteers" in Morocco: this past weekend, a new minister of justice took power in Morocco and deported many Christian “volunteers”. One orphanage’s workers were all taken, leaving 33 children to go to other state run facilities. You can read the full article from the Christian Post here.
  • Muslim Majority Country of the Week: Egypt. Population: approximately 79 million. Percentage Muslim: 90%.
  • Safety Traveling: this week we will be heading up to Indiana.

No comments: