05 July 2008

Condemned Already

Today we stood on a hill overlooking the city - only 1/3 of the city actually. Just to give a conservative estimate, about 96% of the people have NEVER heard a clear presentation of the Gospel. If that many have never heard, how many are Christians? Very few.

God has been working on my heart with this very thought. A couple of my fellow interns have already written about this on their blogs - amazing stuff. A few days ago God brought to my mind the verse John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already..." I went to Peru 5 years ago and the preacher preached on this passage. He told us to imagine a red A on everyone's forehead for "Already." All I have to do is look around. Everyone has an A stamped on their forehead for "condemned already." What the Lord has really laid on my heart is the ladies. I don't need to imagine: the sign that they are condemned already is the head covering. Each time I see a lady, her head covering reminds me that she is condemned already.

No comments: